Phoenix Burn Injury Attorneys – Representing Clients Throughout Arizona
Burn injuries are among the most horrific injuries that can be sustained. Not only must victims suffer terribly from the original injury, but they often must endure painful surgeries and treatment that can last for months or even years.
In addition to the pain, burn injury victims are often scarred for life – both physically and psychologically. Particularly in the case of severe facial scarring, burn injury victims must also face a new sense of self-identity. In public, they sometimes must face the stares of strangers. For those severely burned, they must live with a new sense of normal – all due to the negligent or reckless actions of others.
We Are Tenacious in Seeking Every Penny in Compensation to Which Our Burn Injury Clients May be Entitled
In representing you or a family member who was severely burned, we will sue all those who we believe were in any way responsible for the injuries, and will seek to hold them fully accountable to the maximum extent of the law. If you have a lost a loved one in an accident, fire, or burn injury, we will be equally tenacious in seeking full and fair compensation for you and your family.
While each case will be specific, burn injury victims are often entitled to compensation for:
- Physical Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering includes not only that which was suffered at the time of the original injury, but also pain and suffering that is likely to occur as the result of future surgeries and medical treatment, which may extend well into the future. In making your case, we will likely introduce witnesses, family members, and medical care providers to detail the pain and suffering endured prior to trial, as well as doctors or other medical providers or experts that can describe the likely future course of treatment and the associated pain and suffering. It is important that a jury understand the full extent of your pain and suffering so that an appropriate award of damages can be made.
- Psychological pain and suffering. Often those suffering severe burn injuries must develop or regain a new sense of self. Further, the psychological trauma can be tremendous, as burn injury victims may have nightmares or be unable to handle certain situations that may be similar to their injury.
- Lost Wages. Burn injury victims are entitled to receive full compensation from those responsible for all earnings they would have received had the injury not occurred.
- Vocational impact and lost earning capacity. Those severely burned may be unable to return to their prior job or profession due to their injuries. Instead, they may have to accept a lesser paying job, or they may have to work fewer hours. In some instances, they may be no longer able to work.
In severe burn injury cases we retain experts who help us determine the full extent of lost earnings likely to be suffered by our client based upon a diminished vocational capacity. In the case of a young professional, damages in this respect can be significant over the course of a career.
- Past and future medical treatment and care. Burn victims are entitled to recover for the actual cost of all past medical treatment, as well as for any future medical treatment that is likely to be necessary. All associated costs for care (which could include a home health care provider and other assistance with household maintenance) that are likely to be incurred and reasonably necessary are also recoverable.
- Loss of Enjoyment. This aspect includes the impact to a victim, and also the victim’s family, that occurs when a victim is not able to enjoy the lifestyle activities formerly enjoyed. Activities can include intimate relationships with a loved one, physical activities such as participating in sports, or simple activities such as playing in the yard with young children.
The financial, physical, mental, and emotional costs of recovering from serious burn injuries are often very difficult to handle alone. A burn injury may result in months or even years of medical care, hospitalization, surgical grafts, physical therapy, and psychological counseling. These medical treatments can be very expensive; the associated pain and suffering and the stress of paying for treatment can be overwhelming.
Types of Burn Injuries
We offer comprehensive representation for victims of debilitating burn injuries caused by the negligence of others for:
If You Have Suffered a Significant Burn Injury Caused by the Negligent or Reckless Acts of Someone Else, or if a Family Member has Died from a Burn Injury, Please Call Us
We are available to meet with you for a free, no-obligation consultation at a time that is convenient with your schedule. At our meeting we can advise you as to how we can help, and the legal opportunities available for seeking recovery against all those responsible.